When considering painting your house, you are likely to have questions. In this page, we are going to list the most common Questions we have encountered in our 14 years of assisting homeowners with their painting needs.
Elegant Painting answers questions asked by homeowners:
- How much will it cost to paint my house?
- Does your price increase after you start painting my house?
- Do we have to pay you upfront?
- What type of paint is best?
- How many coats of paint will you put on?
- Will you spray?
- Will you caulk?
- Who will do the actual painting?
- What are your working hours?
- What if it rains while you are painting my house?
- How long does it take to paint my house?
- Do we have to be home while you do the estimation or while you paint?
- What should we do to prepare for painting?
- Is Elegant Painting insured and bonded?
- When is the best time of the year for painting?
- How far along are you booked?
- How long will the paint last?
1. How much will it cost to paint my house?
Items that contribute to a lower price: current paint job is in OK shape, an average amount of chipping paint, little/no major repair work, the house sits on a level lot, no higher than 2 stories, no large trees touching the house, vinyl windows, and neighboring structures not extremely close.
Items that may increase your quote: Higher square footage, Current paint in very poor condition and requires major preparation, large trees touching the house, neighbors house closer than usual, house built on a steep slope.
2. Does your price increase after you start painting my house?
NO! We know contractors are known for starting a project, and then looking for ways to increase their price. Elegant Painting will never increase the estimated price. Once you receive your free estimate, you can be sure that our estimator has followed specific estimation guidelines and has produced an accurate price for a quality finish.
3. Do we have to pay you upfront?
No. There is no payment required to reserve your spot on our schedule. 20% due on or before the first day on the job, and the remainder is due upon completion.
4. What type of paint is best?
Sherwin Williams® has been the #1 leading brand of paint in America for the past 20 years Elegant Painting uses top quality Sherwin Williams®Moore paints purchased from local vendors. We do not buy in bulk or store any paint.
5. How many coats of paint will you put on?
We apply two coats every time. With our high humidity, two coats is a must. the first coat of paint penetrates into the substrate and the second coat, once dried on top of the first, provides a beautiful protective finish that will look fresh and crisp for many years.
Yes. We use the “spray and back-roll method”. Worker #1 sprays the paint, worker #2 spreads it using a roller to ensure paint is being forced into the substrate and to produce an even spread. Back-rolling, a step often skipped by other painters, is crucial to producing a beautiful and durable finish.
Yes. We seal all gaps, cracks, joints, and nail holes using premium caulking materials. On Hardie-plank siding, we use a specialized caulking called SIKA which is formulated for artificial surfaces.
8. Who will do the actual painting?
All work is performed by Elegant painting. No subcontractors or affiliate companies. Our painters are employed by Elegant Painting and protected with General liability and industrial insurance provided by the state. Elegant Painting is a family owned and operated local business, and every project is supervised and completed by our team
9. What are your working hours?
We work normal business hours. Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
10. What if it rains while you are painting my house?
We keep a close eye on the weather and schedule exterior projects during dry periods. If it starts raining while we are painting, we simply stop and return the next day. we also use paints that are formulated for our damp Northwest climate.
11. How long does it take to paint my house?
The average house takes us 2-4 days. This could change depending on the size of your home and the amount of preparation required. We are not 1-day painters who are always in a rush to finish and move on to the next job. We believe every one of our projects deserves our full attention and as a small local company, every one of our clients is crucial to our success.
12. Do we have to be home while you do the estimation or while you paint?
You are more than welcome to be present while we paint, but the only time we really need you around is when we paint the doors.
13. What should we do to prepare for painting?
Our team will take care of everything. We want to make the entire process as easy and painless as possible. We perform light pruning and move exterior items around as needed.
14. Is Elegant Painting insured and bonded?
Yes. Elegant painting is a licensed contractor and carries Liability insurance as well as bond.
15. When is the best time of the year to paint outside?
Our busy season is May-September.
16. How far along are you booked?
During our busy season, we are usually booked out about 2-4 weeks.
17. How long will the paint last?
Since we only use premium Sherwin Williams® paints, your exterior paint job will remain in like-new condition for the first 5-6 years. from 6-10 years, the house begins to show light signs of weathering; water runs on gutters and chimney, but still no chipping or peeling paint. Year 10-14 is when you might consider contacting us for another free quote.
Please feel free to contact us If you have any further questions.